With all the conflicting information coming at us, it can be confusing to know what we should eat.
The Monterey Bay Aquarium compiles a Seafood Watch, providing what they call The Super Green List, of fish and seafood good for human health and does not harm the oceans
Currently on The Super Green List:
• Albacore Tuna (troll- or pole-caught, from the U.S. or British Columbia)
• Freshwater Coho Salmon (farmed in tank systems, from the U.S.)
• Oysters (farmed)
• Pacific Sardines (wild-caught)
• Rainbow Trout (farmed)
• Salmon (wild-caught, from Alaska)
** Other Healthy “Best Choices”
• Arctic Char (farmed)
• Barramundi (farmed, from the U.S.)
• Dungeness Crab (wild-caught, from California, Oregon or Washington)
• Longfin Squid (wild-caught, from the U.S. Atlantic)
• Mussels (farmed)
Their website is here.
Another helpful resource is their pocket guide to help you choose ocean-friendly seafood wherever you live or travel. That’s here.